TERMS OF TRAINING
Last Updated 6/1/2023
You are entering into an agreement with Taxley, LLC dba The Taxley Academy by purchasing access for one (1) person to one or more of our Explorer Workshops, Level 1: Enrolled Agent Career Training, and/or Level 2: Advocate Training (referred to below as the “Program”) from Taxley, LLC. (“Taxley,” “Company,” “we,” “Academy,” or “us”).
Access to this Program is non-transferable.
THE SECTIONS BELOW TITLED “BINDING ARBITRATION” AND “CLASS ACTION WAIVER” CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
The Program includes access for one (1) person. Upon registration, you will receive one username, password, and profile for use during the Program.
If you would like to take the Program along with a friend, family member, business partner or anyone else, each of you will need to purchase the Program individually. Additionally, if you are interested in having your assistant or your entire team take Program, separate Program access will need to be purchased for each participant.
You must be:
- Explorer Workshop: 16 years of age or older
- Level 1: Enrolled Agent Career Training: 18 years old by the start date of training
- Level 2: Advocate Training: Active Enrolled Agent in good standing, unless otherwise approved in writing
Those under 18 years old must have parental consent to register/apply for the Explorer Workshop or Level 1 Training.
SCOPE OF PROGRAM
The scope of your Programs can be found at:
- Explorer Workshop: https://taxley.com/explore
- Level 1: Enrolled Agent Career Training: https://taxley.com/academy/enrolledagent
- Level 2: Advocate Training: https://taxley.com/academy/advocate
You are responsible to pay for the Program in full (including all applicable sales and other taxes or fees) and for providing us with a valid payment method.
If you select the payment plan offered by the Company, you will be charged an administrative fee for each installment payment. There will be no penalty for paying the installment agreement in full earlier than required.
All payment plans must be auto-debited from your payment method – ACH or credit/debit card. A 3.5% processing will be charged for credit/debit card payments where indicated.
When making the payment in full, you will have the option to send payment via wire transfer.
If you have selected a payment plan and you miss a payment, your account status will be changed to “delinquent.” You will immediately lose access to your training portal content and will not be able to participate in classroom training sessions. These restrictions will take place immediately after your payment processing is unsuccessful. To regain access you will need to make your payment within three (3) days to avoid late fees. After thirty (30) days of non-payment, the payment plan will be terminated, and the student will be required to pay the full balance before gaining access to the program.
If your account remains in delinquent status for longer than forty-five (45) days, the Company reserves the right to report any delinquent balance owed to a credit reporting bureau and/or collections agency subject to the Company’s sole discretion until the account is caught up and in good standing.
Additional fees will be required to restart training in a new term. Prior payments will not be applied to fees required to restart a program.
To be clear, this Program is not a subscription payment model that can be canceled or a “pay in part” program where you can pay only for access to certain sections and not others. This is a full immersion program, and your payment plan is a convenience that we offer so that you can make the price affordable.
When combining a payment plan with the use of a scholarship, grant or any other fee reduction opportunity (other than as granted by the Company), the student will be responsible for all payments until the scholarship, grant, employer payment, and the like have been received.
Upon receipt, the payment will first be applied towards the initial down payment, due immediately upon enrollment, then to the installment payment, if applicable, to reduce the duration of the monthly payment. The student is responsible for ensuring all funding sources have submitted payment on their behalf.
When combining a payment plan with the use of a Company issued scholarship, grant ,or any other tuition assistance, the Company’s scholarship will be applied to up to half of the initial payment required at enrollment, then to reduce the duration of any payment plan terms.
Our commitment is to preparing students for careers in tax law and consulting. If you don’t plan on starting this Program right away but want to sign up, we’d love to have you, but make sure you register in a term that allows you to dedicate the time needed to complete the Program, as refunds have firm deadlines and the sequential, limited time, asynchronous nature of the Program does not support the “go at your own pace” model.
We understand that unexpected events may require trainees to withdraw their enrollment.
Withdrawal requests submitted within 3 business days of the initial registration or enrollment date will receive a full refund minus any payment processing fees. After this 3-day period the refund policy is as follows:
- Explorer Workshop participants have 7-days to withdraw after registration to receive a refund, less a 20% administrative fee. No refunds after 7-days.
- Level 1 trainees have 21-days to withdraw after training starts to receive a refund, minus the initial payment of $5,000, any payment processing fees, and the cost of materials sent to the trainee. No refunds after 21-days.
- Level 2 trainees have up to 10-days to withdraw after training starts to receive a refund, minus the initial payment of $5,000, any payment processing fees, and the cost of materials sent to the trainee. No refunds after 10-days.
If you wish to reschedule your Level 1 or Level 2 training for another term, please call 1.833.989.9800 for assistance.
Withdrawal requests can be initiated within your portal or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Please Note: Certain states may have specific rules with respect to refunds. The refund policy for the state in which you reside may ultimately determine your refund.
Where applicable, credits applied to this Program from participation in another Taxley program will be forfeited, and all refunds and associated fees will be based on the total fee due for this Program in which you are registering.
To be considered timely, withdrawals must be made by 11:59pm (or 23:59) EST, there will be no exceptions to these deadlines. Student will be responsible for 100% of the fees if a timely request to withdraw is not submitted.
If your withdrawal, at any time, result in the requirement to refund 3rd-party scholarships, grants, or other funding sources, the student will be responsible for reimbursing funding source, unless the Company is otherwise legally bound to issue the refund. When the Company is responsible for making this repayment, you will be responsible to the Company for all applicable fees.
Company issued scholarships have no cash value and are not refundable to you. When withdrawing per our deadlines stated above, you will forfeit your Company scholarship and you will be required to pay any outstanding balance. Billing questions can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unsure about being able to participate in or program, we encourage you not to register or enroll until you are more certain you can give your training the attention it requires.
Please DO NOT enroll in Program if you just want to “check it out.” We put an extraordinary amount of time and effort into this Program, and we expect you to do the same. The Program is for serious students only.
No refunds will be offered until the start of the Program term for which you have registered. No exceptions.
Students who have not completed the Program in the time frame provided with the initial purchase, are welcome to join our continuous learning program, for an additional fee, but are not eligible for refunds since the refund deadline according to your terms of purchase would have passed, making you no longer eligible for a refund.
Graduations are held to honor those who have completed our Level 1 and/or Level 2 Trainings, and our Apprenticeship program, which includes Level 1 or Level 2 training and the respective job training requirement.
Graduation ceremonies are held in person in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area. If in-person graduation is not possible, graduation will also be streamed online.
You agree that the Program contains proprietary content that is owned by the Company and/or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable intellectual property laws. Duplicating, sharing, or uploading any Program content, including to any sharing or social media sites is considered stealing, and the Company will prosecute such misconduct to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Company provides you with the Program solely for your personal, noncommercial use, and you agree that you will not use such proprietary content in any way whatsoever except for use in compliance with this Agreement. You will not use the Program or the content available in the Program in a manner that constitutes an infringement of the Company’s rights or that has not been authorized in writing by the Company. More specifically, unless explicitly authorized in this Agreement, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, rent, lease, loan, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Program. You may, however, from time to time, download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site for your personal, noncommercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
To be clear: please be aware that you may not create derivative works, resource guides, marketing or business materials, source material, intellectual property, websites, blogs, web content, or any other works that reference the Company, Anisha Bailey, the Program, or the Program content, or infringe on any of the Company’s intellectual property in any way.
Any material that you create should be focused on you, not us. All copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights in and sent to the Program (including the compilation of content, postings, links to other internet resources, and descriptions of those resources) are owned by the Company and/or its licensors, which reserve all their respective rights in law or in equity. THE USE OF THE COMPANY’S PROGRAM, EXCEPT AS PERMITTED IN THIS AGREEMENT, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND INFRINGES ON THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THE COMPANY AND OTHERS AND MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES, INCLUDING POSSIBLE MONETARY DAMAGES, FOR COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INFRINGEMENT.
Company trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Program are common law trademarks or registered trademarks of the Company. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of the aforesaid trademarks.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- not to infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of the Company or the Program Participants;
- that any confidential information shared by Program Participants or any of the Company’s representatives is confidential and proprietary and belongs solely and exclusively to the Participant who discloses it or to the Company;
- not to disclose such confidential information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with other Program Participants during training sessions;
- that all Content provided to you by the Company is the Company’s confidential and proprietary information and intellectual property, belong solely and exclusively to the Company, and may be used by you only as authorized by the Company;
- the reproduction, distribution, and sale of the Program content by anyone other than the Company is strictly prohibited; and
- that if you violate, or threaten to violate, any of your agreements contained in this paragraph we will be entitled to, among other things, injunctive relief to prohibit such violations.
While you are free to discuss your personal results from the Program and training, you must keep the experience and statements, oral or written, of all other participants in the strictest of confidence.
MEMBER AREA COMMUNITY RULES
No Solicitation or Recruiting Within the Program Member Area:
The Program community is about learning and is not about trying to turn other Program Participants into your customers or employees. You are not permitted to offer your services, sell your programs or products, recruit, or invite Program Participants to join other social networks, groups, or programs. This is a space for learning and is a pitch-free, solicitation-free, recruiting-free, and sales-free environment. Sharing affiliate links within the Program Member Area is not permitted.
Your failure to comply with these terms will result in immediate termination of your participation in the Program without refund.
THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS AND WEBSITES
The Company may provide access to third-party materials and websites as a convenience to you and other Program Participants. Any third-party materials or websites are not part of the Program and they may be either withdrawn or terminated at any time without any liability on the part of the Company.
You agree that you will be responsible for all payments and other obligations associated with your use of any and all third-party materials and websites. In addition, you agree that the Company is not responsible for examining and evaluating the content and accuracy of any third-party materials and websites, and the Company does not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites or for any other materials, programs, or services of third-parties. You further agree that you will not use any third-party materials and websites in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party and that the Company will not be liable for your improper use of third-party materials and websites.
THE PROGRAM, THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED BY US HEREUNDER ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAMS.
When addressing Program lessons and providing other guidance in any of our websites, videos, newsletters, Programs, or other content, we’ve taken all reasonable efforts to ensure that we accurately represent our programs and their potential to grow your career and improve your life. However, the Company does not guarantee that you will get any results or earn any money using any of our ideas, tools, strategies or recommendations, and nothing in the Program, Content, or Site is a promise or guarantee to you of future job opportunities or earnings.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. By purchasing access to the Program, you accept, agree, and understand that you are fully responsible for your progress and results from your participation and that we offer no representations, warranties, or guarantees verbally or in writing regarding your earnings, marketability, career status, professional performance, or results of any kind. You alone are responsible for your actions and results, which are dependent on personal factors including, but not necessarily limited to, your skill, knowledge, ability, dedication, professional savvy, network, and financial situation, to name just a few. You also understand that any testimonials or endorsements by our customers or audience represented on our programs, websites, content, landing pages, sales pages, or offerings have not been scientifically evaluated by us and the results experienced by individuals may vary significantly. Any statements outlined on our websites, programs, Content, and offerings are simply our opinion and thus are not guarantees or promises of actual performance. We offer no professional legal, medical, psychological, or financial advice.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) GOVERNING LAW. You and the Company have entered into this Agreement in the State of Ohio, specifically Hamilton County, and agree that the validity, interpretation, and legal effect of this Agreement, as well as all disputes among you and the Company, shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, United States of America, without regard to conflicts of law principles that would dictate the application of the law of a different jurisdiction.
2) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR COMMON LAW TORT CLAIMS: (I) THE COMPANY, ITS OWNERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF THE Program; AND (II) YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE PPROGRAM AND REQUEST A REFUND AS SET FORTH IN ABOVE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
3) NON-DISPARAGEMENT. You agree that you will not engage in any conduct or communications with a third party, public or private, designed to disparage the Company, Program, it’s leadership and staff, and Anisha Bailey including, but not limited to, any remark, comment, message, information, declaration, campaign, communication, or other statement of any kind, whether verbal, in writing, electronically transferred, or otherwise, that might reasonably be construed to be derogatory, defamatory, libelous, or slander.
4) BINDING EFFECT. This Agreement shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the successors, executors, heirs, representatives, administrators, and permitted assigns of the parties. You have no right to assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise.
5) TERMINATION. The Company is committed to providing all participants of the Program with a positive Program experience. If you fail, or the Company suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement, the Company, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, may: (a) limit, suspend, or terminate your participation in the Program without refund or forgiveness of fees; and/or (b) terminate this Agreement.
Your obligations to the Company under this Agreement will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason.
6) CHANGES. The Company reserves the right at any time to modify this Agreement and to impose new or additional terms or conditions on your use of the Program. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions shall be effective immediately and incorporated into this Agreement. Your continued use of the Program will be deemed your acceptance these modifications. The changes may be listed in an area accessible to you on the Site or you may be notified by either e-mail – it is your responsibility to ensure we have your best email address at all times. If you have any questions, please contact our legal department directly at email@example.com.
7) INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its owners, officers, employees, contractors, directors, licensors, related entities, affiliates, and successors from and against any and all liabilities and expense whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims, damages, judgments, awards, settlements, investigations, costs, attorneys’ fees, and disbursements, which any of such parties may incur or become obligated to pay arising out of or resulting from your breach of this Agreement and/or your misuse of the Program. You shall defend the Company in any legal actions, regulatory actions, or the like arising from or related to this Agreement. You recognize and agree that all of the Company’s owners, officers, employees, shareholders, trustees, affiliates, and successors shall not be held personally responsible or liable for any actions or representations of the Company.
8) BINDING ARBITRATION. In the event of a dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement or the Program (each, a “Dispute”), either party may elect to finally and exclusively resolve the dispute by binding arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). Any election to arbitrate, at any time, shall be final and binding on the other party. IF EITHER PARTY CHOOSES ARBITRATION, NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL, EXCEPT EITHER PARTY MAY BRING ITS CLAIM IN ITS LOCAL SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IF PERMITTED BY THAT SMALL CLAIMS COURT RULES AND IF WITHIN SUCH COURT’S JURISDICTION. ARBITRATION IS DIFFERENT FROM COURT, AND DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS MAY ALSO BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. All disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator selected jointly by the parties, whose decision will be final, except for a limited right of appeal under the FAA. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted by JAMS pursuant to its then current Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those rules, or, where appropriate, pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. All applicable JAMS’ rules and procedures are available at the JAMS website www.jamsadr.com. Each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules. Judgment on the arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. If conducted in person, the arbitration shall take place in the United States county where you reside. The parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay a proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The parties shall cooperate in good faith in the voluntary and informal exchange of all non-privileged documents and other information (including electronically stored information) relevant to the Dispute immediately after commencement of the arbitration. As set forth in Section 8(J) below, nothing in this Agreement will prevent the Company from seeking injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction as necessary to protect its proprietary interests.
9) CLASS ACTION WAIVER. You agree that any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the Dispute between us and you, individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (i) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
10) EQUITABLE RELIEF. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of a breach or threatened violation of the Company’s intellectual property rights and confidential and proprietary information by you, the Company will suffer irreparable harm and will therefore be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce this Agreement. The Company may, without waiving any other remedies under this Agreement, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim, equitable, provisional, or injunctive relief that is necessary to protect its rights and property pending the outcome of the arbitration referenced above. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the State of Ohio, city of Cincinnati, for purposes of any such action by the Company.
11) ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding and agreement of the Parties with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements or understandings, inducements, or conditions, express or implied, written, or oral, between the parties.
12) COMPLIANCE WITH LAW. The parties shall comply with all applicable laws in performing this Agreement. Whenever there is any conflict between any provision of this Agreement and any applicable law, the applicable law shall prevail.
13) NO WAIVER. The failure of any party to insist on the performance of any obligation hereunder shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such obligation. Waiver of any breach of any provision shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any other breach of such provision or any other provision.